Understanding Liposuction: In bid to enhance beauty, more people are moving towards liposuction in bid to improve aesthetics. Liposuction is popular for its ability to help people lose fat only from the desired parts of the body. Liposuction, also commonly known as lipo or lipoplasty, is a procedure conducted by dermatological surgeons to help people lose fat that is not easily or efficiently lost through dieting and exercising. This procedure involves the removal of a skin layer, followed by the insertion of fine tubes to suck up the targeted fat deposits.
Candidacy for Liposuction
What makes one a perfect candidate for liposuction? Good health must come first, as you need to be in good health in order to overcome the risks associated with this procedure. Next, check your skin to ensure that it is elastic and tight. Most people who seek liposuction have fatty layers that are not proportional with the rest of the body. Also, liposuction is beneficial for those who cannot get rid of fat through physical exercise and dieting initiatives.
The perfect candidate must be above the age of 18 years and must not be suffering from certain illnesses and conditions including diabetes and heart issues.
Types of Liposuction
There are various types of liposuction. The most recent types reducing pain and complications associated with liposuction. The most popular types of liposuction include;
Liposuction that is laser-assisted involves melting of fat through energy waves. Being in liquid form, it becomes easier to suction the fat.
Liposuction that is assisted by an ultrasound involves melting down fat before it can be suctioned through cannulas.
- Tumescent Liposuction
Tumescent liposuction involves the injection of an anesthesia to relieve pain at the point of tube entry. This is the only difference between this type of liposuction and the traditional procedure.
Safety of Liposuction
Liposuction is a safe cosmetic surgery procedure. However, it should be noted that, only a certified and experienced professional can help you avoid the side effects of liposuction.
The extent to which liposuction results are permanent is dependent on the patient. In the short term, the results achieved are similar for different individuals. The difference only comes in the long term, depending on how you maintain your results. You do not expect to continue taking more calories than you are losing and still maintain the results achieved.
- 5 Celebrities Who Have Had Liposuction - October 5, 2017
- Building Your Ideal Physique: Is Your Arm Fat the Bane of Your Existence? - October 3, 2017
- How You Can Achieve the Hourglass Figure of Your Dreams - September 28, 2017
- Battle Of Sexes: The Most Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men And Women - September 21, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Improve Your Health - September 19, 2017
- How to Know You’re Ready for Liposuction - September 14, 2017
- Am I Too Old for Liposuction? - September 12, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Help Men Look Their Best - September 7, 2017
- What to Do When You’ve Put Lipo Weight Back On - September 5, 2017
- What are the Benefits of Tumescent Liposuction? - August 31, 2017