For a person to be said to have an attractive form, they need to have a combination of balance, proportion, and contour. There are, however, some areas of the body that do not respond to any level of exercise, diet or other weight loss measures; this is where a competent surgeon comes in. Cosmetic surgeons have the skills to sculpt any part of the body and achieve very noticeable changes with the slightest improvements. Liposuction is one of the most efficient ways to achieve redistribution of fat in the human body.
Weight Gain After Liposuction
The greatest thing that follows healing from liposuction is looking at yourself in the mirror and seeing that tinier waistline, thigh gap, small butt, less flabby arms or less chunky thighs that you envisioned before the procedure. You will want to flaunt your beautiful new form everywhere. However, for some people, the joy might be short-lived because there is the possibility of gaining back the entire weight one lost during the procedure.
There are a few tips and guidelines that you will find very useful in managing your weight after lipo:
• Liposuction does not make you immune to future weight gain, as soon as you are healthy enough to exercise, you should get an activity that you enjoy such as yoga, a spin class, swimming, hiking or anything else that will keep you active and keep the pounds away.
• The waistline is made in the kitchen: even if exercise plays a significant role in burning off the extra calories, the best way to ensure these calories do not get into your system, to begin with, is watching what you eat. Avoid exceeding the recommended calorie intake because all the extra will pack itself back onto the areas that you got the lipo.
• Drink water and green tea: Water is a secret that all the successful weight watchers swear by. It has been scientifically proven to increase metabolism by up to 50 percent. Green tea also boosts metabolism. In general, adopt a healthy lifestyle if you want to keep the pounds off.
In case you feel that you have gained back all the weight, and the above measures are not helping, it is possible to get a second procedure on the same site. However, doctors always recommend that you wait at least 8 to 12 months before doing the second procedure. Note that at times, swelling from the surgery may create the appearance of weight gain, which is why it is advisable to wait before a second procedure.
- 5 Celebrities Who Have Had Liposuction - October 5, 2017
- Building Your Ideal Physique: Is Your Arm Fat the Bane of Your Existence? - October 3, 2017
- How You Can Achieve the Hourglass Figure of Your Dreams - September 28, 2017
- Battle Of Sexes: The Most Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men And Women - September 21, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Improve Your Health - September 19, 2017
- How to Know You’re Ready for Liposuction - September 14, 2017
- Am I Too Old for Liposuction? - September 12, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Help Men Look Their Best - September 7, 2017
- What to Do When You’ve Put Lipo Weight Back On - September 5, 2017
- What are the Benefits of Tumescent Liposuction? - August 31, 2017