Liposuction is widely considered an unethical and embarrassing way of dealing with body fat. However, as many have noted, fat around the body does not always mean you are unhealthy or obese. Some people who appear to be overweight are, in fact, very healthy. Procedures such as liposuction are mainly meant to enhance beauty. You should, therefore, feel no guilt about wanting to undergo the surgery, or even having taken it in the past.
That said, many people may not approve of your decision. So, it means you have a limited number of individuals to ask questions about liposuction, and embarrassing questions more so. Here are some embarrassing questions you may want to ask about the procedure.
1. I still have lumpiness after having my surgery? What should I do?
If you have been looking at the before-and-after pictures of people who undertook the procedure, you may be under the impression that results are immediate.
This is partly true. However, there is still a recovery period during which all the lumpiness and excess skin recede. Like all other medical procedures, results may vary. In some people, it will even take up to 12 months for the lumpiness to disappear completely.
If it is still present 12 months after the surgery, you should go back for a touch-up procedure.
2. How do I hide my scar?
Again, considering the state of our society, you may not want everyone at the beach to know you had surgery to flatten your tummy. The good news is that the scar will probably not be visible. Most doctors perform the surgery in such a way that it ends up in a hidden spot. Even with a bikini, it will not be noticeable.
It is also worth noting that the scar disappears after a few months, leaving absolutely no proof of the procedure.
So, if you are concerned about your husband or wife seeing it when you get intimate, you can get a tattoo over the scar.
3. Can I get intimate with my wife/husband after the surgery?
Liposuction is only a procedure meant to get rid of excess fat cells, and as such, does not affect your sexual performance in any way. In reality, however, you might experience pain for the first few weeks, and this might hinder your interest in sexual activities. You will also be advised to take a period of two to three weeks off strenuous activities to allow your body to recover.
Recommendations vary for each individual and are mostly dependent on the amount of fat removed during the surgery.
- 5 Celebrities Who Have Had Liposuction - October 5, 2017
- Building Your Ideal Physique: Is Your Arm Fat the Bane of Your Existence? - October 3, 2017
- How You Can Achieve the Hourglass Figure of Your Dreams - September 28, 2017
- Battle Of Sexes: The Most Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men And Women - September 21, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Improve Your Health - September 19, 2017
- How to Know You’re Ready for Liposuction - September 14, 2017
- Am I Too Old for Liposuction? - September 12, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Help Men Look Their Best - September 7, 2017
- What to Do When You’ve Put Lipo Weight Back On - September 5, 2017
- What are the Benefits of Tumescent Liposuction? - August 31, 2017