You maintain a healthy lifestyle. You eat well most days and exercise regularly, but your efforts have not been rewarded with the results you were anticipating. You are not alone. Are you ready for liposuction?
A skilled cosmetic surgeon can remove those stubborn fat cells, leaving you with the sculpted silhouette you have tried to achieve on your own.
Not for Weight Loss
Liposuction is best performed if have maintained a stable weight. Fat cells will be eliminated from your problem areas but will return if you gain weight. Since you will have less fat in the treated areas, excess weight may accumulate in a new location. With weight management, your results should be permanent.
What to Expect
Most often, liposuction is performed in the hospital under general anesthesia. Expect overnight hospital stay, so your progress can be monitored. You will be asked to arrange for transportation home and possibly have someone stay with you the first night.
Your surgeon may prescribe medication for the first few days after your procedure. After a few days, over-the-counter pain medications should ease discomfort. Compression garments will need to be word to help the skin adhere and minimize swelling.
Numbness, Swelling and Bruising
Once the anesthesia wears off, you could notice that the areas treated feel numb. This is normal, and the feeling will usually return within the second week after surgery. Fluid retention is expected after liposuction, and most of the swelling is gone within ten days. The bruising clears up within the first month. Your doctor may recommend applying ice to the area to reduce swelling and discoloration.
Returning to Work
The first three days will be the worst for pain. Some people find they can return to work after a few days, while others choose to allow for a longer recovery period. You will probably find that you can return to your regular activities within two weeks.Your doctor will be the best person to give you an expected timetable, based on your procedure.
If you are ready for liposuction, you will notice changes in your silhouette 7-10 days after the procedure. It can take 4-12 months before you will know your final results.
Preparation will help the process goes smoothly. For information about liposuction or to schedule your consultation, you are welcome to contact us. Your best source of information is an experienced cosmetic surgeon.
- 5 Celebrities Who Have Had Liposuction - October 5, 2017
- Building Your Ideal Physique: Is Your Arm Fat the Bane of Your Existence? - October 3, 2017
- How You Can Achieve the Hourglass Figure of Your Dreams - September 28, 2017
- Battle Of Sexes: The Most Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men And Women - September 21, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Improve Your Health - September 19, 2017
- How to Know You’re Ready for Liposuction - September 14, 2017
- Am I Too Old for Liposuction? - September 12, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Help Men Look Their Best - September 7, 2017
- What to Do When You’ve Put Lipo Weight Back On - September 5, 2017
- What are the Benefits of Tumescent Liposuction? - August 31, 2017