Liposuction is a defined as a surgical procedure that utilizes a suction process to remove fat cells from different areas of a person’s body. Liposuction commonly is performed on the buttocks, abdomen, thighs, hips, arms, or neck. The process is also designed to shape or contour these areas of a person’s body.
Although you may generally be aware of liposuction, and you may contemplate the procedure, there likely are some things you do not know about the procedure. Here are five things many people don’t know about liposuction.
Liposuction is Not a Weight Loss Procedure
The most common misconception associated with liposuction is that the procedure is designed for weight loss. The reality is that liposuction is ideally utilized after a person has obtained a more ideal weight. The procedure is designed to contour a person’s body following weight loss. By eliminating fat cells, the procedure is helpful in assisting a person maintain a better shape after weight loss and into the future.
Recovery is Easier Than Most People Realize
Another persistent myth about liposuction is that recovery can be challenging. In most cases, after a couple of days, a person experiences little pain. Most individuals who undergo liposuction advise that after the first couple of days, they feel as if they are nursing nothing more than a bruise.
Liposuction is a Semi-invasive Surgical Procedure
A surgical procedure, liposuction is only moderately invasive. The process requires only a small incision. Anesthesia is utilized. In a majority of cases, liposuction is performed on an out-patient basis.
Results are not Immediate
A frequent misconception associated with liposuction is results are immediately seen. In fact, the procedure itself causes swelling. Final results may take a couple of months to be fully realized.
More Men Seek Liposuction
Historically, liposuction was viewed as procedure sought by women. An ever-increasing number of men seek liposuction each year. As of this time, liposuction is the cosmetic procedure most often sought by men. In many cases, a man seeks liposuction on the abdomen.
After making a preliminary decision to seek liposuction, the next step is to obtain a consult with us. We will delineate the pros and cons of liposuction and answer any questions you may have about the procedure. In addition, you will undergo an examination to ensure you are at a juncture at which you will obtain the full benefits of liposuction.
- 5 Celebrities Who Have Had Liposuction - October 5, 2017
- Building Your Ideal Physique: Is Your Arm Fat the Bane of Your Existence? - October 3, 2017
- How You Can Achieve the Hourglass Figure of Your Dreams - September 28, 2017
- Battle Of Sexes: The Most Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men And Women - September 21, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Improve Your Health - September 19, 2017
- How to Know You’re Ready for Liposuction - September 14, 2017
- Am I Too Old for Liposuction? - September 12, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Help Men Look Their Best - September 7, 2017
- What to Do When You’ve Put Lipo Weight Back On - September 5, 2017
- What are the Benefits of Tumescent Liposuction? - August 31, 2017