Avoid Tight Bras and Shirts
The breasts are likely to be heavily bandaged after surgery. Avoid wearing tight bras and shirts until after several weeks of healing. Invest in soft bras without wires that press into the skin. Do not promote more bruising, and keep the breasts in an upright position.
Avoid Strenuous Activities
Avoid engaging in physically strenuous activities that place unnecessary pressure on your breasts. Take time off from work temporarily because many jobs require constant bending, stretching and lifting of heavy weights. Working in an office, it is easy to rub against the wall or have someone knock into your chest accidentally. At home, avoid doing the same types of activities or have a friend offer assistance.
Stay Fit and Healthy
Exercising regularly and eating healthy are your two main tasks during recovery. Eating nutrients helps the body to heal faster and recover from infections, if any. Consume a diet of whole, unprocessed foods that include Vitamin C for tissue repair and protein for new skin growth.
Sleep in the right position after breast reduction surgery, which is lying on your back. Get enough hours of sleep because proper rest is an important part of healing.
Take Medication Carefully
Consume medication that is recommended by your doctor for normal recovery. Taking more doses than necessary is not proven to speed up the process. Instead, face more complications when you get close to the state of overdosing.
Some people are concerned about overdoses and take fewer doses than recommended. There is no need to withhold painkillers and suffer in pain. Reducing your stress levels is necessary to heal properly.
Breast reduction surgery is not a simple procedure, but it’s not a very stressful one either. It is possible to cut your recovery time in half and move on several weeks later. Contact our office to set a consultation and review your medical goals.
- 5 Celebrities Who Have Had Liposuction - October 5, 2017
- Building Your Ideal Physique: Is Your Arm Fat the Bane of Your Existence? - October 3, 2017
- How You Can Achieve the Hourglass Figure of Your Dreams - September 28, 2017
- Battle Of Sexes: The Most Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men And Women - September 21, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Improve Your Health - September 19, 2017
- How to Know You’re Ready for Liposuction - September 14, 2017
- Am I Too Old for Liposuction? - September 12, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Help Men Look Their Best - September 7, 2017
- What to Do When You’ve Put Lipo Weight Back On - September 5, 2017
- What are the Benefits of Tumescent Liposuction? - August 31, 2017