Do you have a few stubborn areas of fat on your body that just don’t seem to go away no matter how much you diet or exercise? If you want to get rid of that stubborn fat without having go under general anesthesia or experience any downtime, then you will be happy to hear about a non-invasive liposuction alternative. Read on to learn more about SculpSure, how it compares to liposuction, and which may be best for you.
Liposuction vs. SculpSure
Liposuction has been popular for many years, and that is for good reason. Liposuction offers a way to permanently remove any stubborn fat from your body, including from under your chin, and liposuction procedures are very successful.
The process of obtaining liposuction first involves being placed under general anesthesia. Then, your cosmetic surgeon makes an incision on or near the fat deposit you want to eliminate, and places a long, thin tube called a cannula through the incision. The stubborn fat is then sucked out of your body. After the procedure, it typically takes about six weeks for bruising and swelling to go away and about six months for the final “new you” to be revealed.
SculpSure is much different. The first step involves your doctor simply using a special marker to highlight the areas of stubborn fat you would like to remove. Next, a special support frame is placed around your abdomen, along with applicators. Finally, the laser is used to heat the fat cells under your skin.
Once the laser is used to heat and destroy those stubborn fat cells, your body will naturally eliminate them as they do other waste in your body. There is no downtime, and after your procedure, you can immediately get back to your normal life.
Advantages to SculpSure
SculpSure has its share of advantages when compared to traditional liposuction. These advantages include:
- No downtime.
- No general anesthesia.
- Quick procedure that can be performed in as little as 25 minutes.
- No post-procedure bruising.
Unlike liposuction, however, SculpSure may work better on smaller fat deposits. While this is not necessarily a disadvantage, it is something to consider.
Choosing What’s Best
When deciding whether liposuction or SculpSure is best for you, it is important to keep your personal goals in mind. If you have large fat deposits that you would like removed immediately, then liposuction may still be the best option for you.
However, if you have just a little extra fat that you would like to see disappear within about 6-12 weeks after a quick, non-invasive procedure with no downtime afterward, then SculpSure is a great option for you.
Still on the fence? Contact our office to schedule a consultation and we’ll discuss your options and answer all your questions.
- 5 Celebrities Who Have Had Liposuction - October 5, 2017
- Building Your Ideal Physique: Is Your Arm Fat the Bane of Your Existence? - October 3, 2017
- How You Can Achieve the Hourglass Figure of Your Dreams - September 28, 2017
- Battle Of Sexes: The Most Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men And Women - September 21, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Improve Your Health - September 19, 2017
- How to Know You’re Ready for Liposuction - September 14, 2017
- Am I Too Old for Liposuction? - September 12, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Help Men Look Their Best - September 7, 2017
- What to Do When You’ve Put Lipo Weight Back On - September 5, 2017
- What are the Benefits of Tumescent Liposuction? - August 31, 2017