According to the Mayo Clinic, back pain is the leading cause of physical disability in adults. A lot of things can contribute to back pain: your menstrual cycle, poor posture, a job that requires you to stand or sit for uncomfortable intervals of time, and even your mattress. Your breasts could also be contributing to your back pain.
How Your Breasts Can Influence Back Pain
Your breasts alone are not the cause of your back pain. Your spine is designed to support your body, including your breasts. However, there are several ways your breasts can compound your back pain.
Wrong Bra Size
A bra is meant to support and enhance your breasts; it is not meant to drastically alter their basic size and shape. Wearing a bra that is too loose can put pressure on your back because the bra is not supporting your back. Loose bras can also increase your risk of pulling a muscle in your chest area if you twist or turn too quickly. Bras that are too tight can also put pressure on your back. If your bra doesn’t breathe with your body or provide your breasts with comfortable support, you might benefit from a professional bra fitting.
The Size of Your Breasts
Breasts that are uncomfortably large can also compound your back pain. Your breasts should move with your body, but they shouldn’t interfere with daily tasks. If your breasts make it difficult to sit, stand, dress, reach for items, or find a comfortable sleeping position, then you may benefit from a breast reduction.
Gynecomastia is a condition in men that affects their breasts. Men with this condition suffer from pain and swelling in their breasts. Some patients report back pain as a symptom of the condition. This condition usually reverses itself within 24 months, but some men find that their symptoms get worse with time. One treatment option for these extreme cases is liposuction. This procedure removes the fat in the affected breasts while leaving the breast intact.
These are just a few of the possible causes of back pain. There may be other factors influencing your back pain. If you think that your breasts are influencing your back pain, schedule a consult as soon as possible. There’s no reason for you to suffer from breast discomfort or back pain any longer than you have to.
- 5 Celebrities Who Have Had Liposuction - October 5, 2017
- Building Your Ideal Physique: Is Your Arm Fat the Bane of Your Existence? - October 3, 2017
- How You Can Achieve the Hourglass Figure of Your Dreams - September 28, 2017
- Battle Of Sexes: The Most Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men And Women - September 21, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Improve Your Health - September 19, 2017
- How to Know You’re Ready for Liposuction - September 14, 2017
- Am I Too Old for Liposuction? - September 12, 2017
- How Liposuction Can Help Men Look Their Best - September 7, 2017
- What to Do When You’ve Put Lipo Weight Back On - September 5, 2017
- What are the Benefits of Tumescent Liposuction? - August 31, 2017